The Shopify subscription APIs are built on top of the existing Shopify checkout APIs. Shopify’s Subscription APIs allow you to build apps that integrate with Shopify Checkout. With new Subscription APIs and app extensions, you can easily manage subscriptions and recurring payments, giving your customers a seamless experience from start to finish.
The Subscription APIs give you complete control over the checkout process, so you can customize it to fit your needs. You can also use the APIs to manage customers’ subscriptions, and track their payments. In addition, the Subscription APIs allow you to offer discounts and coupons to your customers. This can help you increase sales and encourage customer loyalty.
These new Subscription APIs and app extensions will enable you to:
- Subscription apps for Shopify Checkout give you the power to improve the subscription buying and management experience on top of Shopify’s fast and reliable checkout. With these apps, you can focus on making it easy for your customers to sign up for subscriptions and manage their accounts.
- By integrating your app with Shopify, you can take advantage of all the platform’s features, including Shopify Payments, shipping, discounts, reporting, and more. Plus, you’ll be able to tap into the vast Shopify app ecosystem to find complementary tools and services.
- Shopify’s new APIs are designed to help you solve emerging merchant needs and power new business models that are not yet available on Shopify. By selling subscription products, you can take advantage of new opportunities to grow your business.
Shopify’s Subscription APIs give you the ability to manage every aspect of the subscription process. This allows you to customize the checkout experience to fit your needs, and offer discounts and coupons to encourage customer loyalty.
Build on Shopify Checkout
For the first time, developers can now build on Shopify Checkout, meaning merchants no longer have to choose between selling subscription products and using Shopify’s checkout. Partners and merchants don’t have to manage multiple checkout experiences, and customers can enjoy the same friction-free checkout experience, regardless of whether they’re purchasing a one-time or recurring product.
Shopify Checkout is the fastest, most secure way to take orders on your Shopify store. It’s been tested by over 1.8 billion orders to date and is compatible with all future updates and optimizations we make at Shopify. With Shopify Checkout, you can be sure that your customers will have a fast, safe, and easy ordering experience.
Complete Customer Data
Data is key to understanding your subscription customers and growing your subscription business. With Shopify’s subscription orders, you have a complete picture of your customer data for both one-time and subscription customers. This helps you make informed decisions about your marketing, product development, and business growth.
By tracking data points such as purchase history, customer location, and order value, you can gain insights into your subscribers’ needs and preferences. This information can help you improve your retention rate and increase customer lifetime value. In addition, understanding your customer data can help you identify new opportunities for growth.
Merchants will be able to access functions like:
- Getting insights from recurring revenue reports on subscription customers
- Exclusively targeting subscription customers with email campaigns
- Setting up automated workflows triggered by subscription customer actions
Business Model Flexibility
The Subscription APIs enable developers to create new ways of selling that go beyond the Shopify default of “buy now.” By targeting specific merchant segments and tailoring experiences to their needs, developers can build great apps that Merchants will love. Shopify is committed to making it easy for developers to create amazing subscription-based experiences.
Get started now
If you’re interested in creating a customized and personalized Shopify app to fit your needs, visit vtlabs. We’ll be happy to help you get started.