In this article today we will discuss the difference between weather and climate. Both the weather and climate of a particular place are however quite similar, but still, there is a lot of difference between the two.
Sometimes people inadvertently consider both to be the same and use both instead of each other which is not right.
What is the difference between weather and climate?
1. The weather of a place is the immediate effect of the temperature, humidity, wind direction and flow, air pressure, rainfall, etc. whereas the average weather of a wide area of about thirty years is called the climate of that place.
2. The weather of a place is variable over time whereas the climate of a place is almost permanent.
3. The temperature, humidity, air pressure, cloud conditions, wind, etc. are affected by the weather of a place, while the climate of a place, along with all these things, sunlight, ocean storm, height, etc. are many other things are also affected.
4. Weather is dynamic while climate is almost constant. It remains stable for years.
5. The weather of a place can be rainy, heat or cold, or stormy, but the climate of a place can be permanent, cold, or hot.
6. The weather expressed small regions and small periods, while the climate expressed large plots and large periods.
7. The study of weather is called meteorology while the study of climate is called climatology.
In this way, we see that the weather is called a daily change of the atmosphere, while the climate is called the permanent season of that place.
We can say that today’s weather is very cold, but we cannot say that today’s climate is very cold.