The full form of the CIF number is “Customer Information File”. This CIF number is given to each account holder of the bank. This number is your unique identity. CIF number contains your personal details, account details, nominee details, and all other necessary details of the bank.
All bank account holders are given a CIF number, but all the details present in it are kept secret. These details can only be seen by the employees of banks. If you have to transfer the bank account to another bank, branch, then you need to know the CIF number.
SBI bank account holders can use SBI online or offline methods to know the SBI CIF number.
Table of Contents
How to know the SBI CIF number?
1. To know the CIF number online, you must have the user id and password of internet banking.
2. To know the CIF number offline, keep the SBI account passbook with you.
How to know SBI CIF Number from SBI Anywhere app
SBI has made the SBI YONO Lite app for Android and iPhone smartphones. Using this app, you can find the CIF number of the SBI account.
- Step 1: First of all log into SBI YONO Lite (SBI Anywhere app) and click on the Services option from the screen.
- Step 2: Now click on the option of online Nomination from the list shown.
- Step 3: After selecting account type and account number, you will be shown on the SBI CIF number screen.
How to know the SBI CIF number from SBI Internet Banking
You can find the CIF number of SBI by login into SBI internet banking on your computer.
- Step 1: Open the SBI internet banking website in your computer browser and login to your account with your login details.
- Step 2: Now click on view nominee and PAN details from the opened page.
- Step 3: You will now see the CIF number on the screen.
How to know SBI CIF number through e-Statement
- Step 1: Login into SBI internet banking and click on the option of My account and profile.
- Step 2: Now from the options on the screen, select the option of account statement.
- Step 3: Select the date of the account number and statement and click on submit button.
- Step 4: Now SBI e-Statement will appear on your screen. You will also see SBI CIF number in this statement.
The CIF number is written in the SBI passbook
If you are having difficulty in finding the CIF number from the above-mentioned online methods, then with the help of your passbook you can find the CIF number. Just open the first page of your passbook CIF number will be written with your account details.
I hope you will be able to find the SBI CIF number from the above methods.