So you’re finally ready to tackle losing some of the weight you’re carrying around. But you’re not really into all the tried-and-true advice on the weight loss things like eating more veggies, watching portion sizes and being more active. You know all that already. What you’re looking for best weight loss tips, Here are top 9 weight loss tips that you have never heard.
Time for some fresh ideas.
So, diet experts were asked to list some less well known top diet tips that are just as helpful as the ones you always hear.
Some of the tips include alternative ways to eat, others suggest adding a specific food to your diet, and still, others call for learning new behaviors to help you stick to your weight loss plan.
1. It’s okay to eat a limited variety of good foods: having lots to choose from has been shown in several studies to actually encourage you to eat more. A French study found that dieters ate more fries when supplied with catsup and mayo; ate more brownies when offered toppings like cream.
Research on those who have maintained their weight loss has shown that those who do so tend to eat a rather limited variety of foods.
Must Read: How to Lose Weight and Body Fat Fast – Ebook Guide
2. Eat barley for breakfast: as the new oatmeal, this good-for-you grain gets its healthful reputation after some researchers discovered that eating barley at the morning meal kept blood sugar level. This is considered a low glycemic index food, meaning it brings up your blood sugar level more slowly than other carbs. By eating these foods you stop the wild fluctuations of blood sugar that can leave you feeling tired and hungry. You want to be hulled (not pearl) barley.
3. Add protein to that lunchtime salad: salad is a wonderful choice for losing weight, but rather than keeping it all veggie (with little/no dressing) add some protein along with some fat to help you feel fuller for longer. Try a 3-ounce chicken breast and 2 tablespoons of light dressing and you’ll have enough to keep you full and away from the 3:00 PM strike on the vending machine.
4. Enjoy frozen veggies: while fresh can taste better, they’re also lots of work. Instead, choose frozen ones and fill your freezer with the already cleaned, prepared and ready to cook variety. Even better, cook frozen vegetables ahead of time so they’ll be in the fridge, waiting to be added to soups, salads or eaten as a side to a meal.
5. Make your own munchies: a giant vegetable platter, with a little low-fat dip, kept in the fridge is a great way to ensure you have healthy snacks on hand when hunger hits. Recent research has found we will eat more if the food is within easy reach… office workers who had a bowl of candy on their desk ate almost 50% more compared to when the same candy was placed 6 feet away.
6. Reduce the temperature on the thermostat: it’s no miracle, but there is evidence that being in a cold environment, about 61F, might encourage the fat burning ability of so-called brown fat that’s naturally in your body. The brown fat is thought to be good fat… lean people are believed to have more of this type of fat than the white, calorie storing kind we all know. Scandinavian research has shown that exposure to chilly temps boosts brown fat metabolic rate by up to 15 times.
7. Downsize your dishes: experts have seen this countless times, the bigger the plate the more likely you will be to fill it. Eating your meals off smaller dishes can help you avoid overeating – so you can use smaller, luncheon plates for dinner, and keep the larger dinner plates for low cal dishes like salads.
8. Don’t keep treats at home: don’t keep your favorite indulgence in the house, easily within reach, make yourself work for them. If you really need those cookies or that ice cream, you’ll need to get up, leave the house or the office and buy them – a lot more steps… a lot more hassle. A lot less likely that you’ll indulge as often as you used to.
9. Try on a tight outfit every Friday: this should be a pair of jeans or trousers that are tight, but you can still zip up. As one of the best tips for weight loss tries them on every Friday morning, before the weekend and the struggle to stay on track has begun. If they’re loose, this will reinforce your efforts and serve as motivation to stay on track. If they’re still snug, you’ll also be motivated to stick with your eating plan so they’ll fit better next week.