At a presentation in mid-September last year, Apple introduced the iPhone 13 series. Apple’s 2021 phones received an evolutionary makeover – improved cameras and performance.
At this event, the company introduced the most expensive iPad, as well as iPad mini and large-screen Apple Watch, including iPhone 13 mini, Apple iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max. The base variant may not seem as competitive when you look at the Pro variant, which has more serious changes.
So the company has overcome all the gaps that enthusiasts and the technology community usually point out, except for the bangs, which are still in place. Unless its size was slightly reduced.
Let’s start with a detailed review of the iPhone 13 phone.
- The camera module is increased by 20% compared to last year’s version, which unexpectedly looks even better.
- Under the hood is the latest A15 Bionic chipset for even smoother performance.
- In addition to the elegant design, the camera modules have improved stabilization and video features.
- The maximum brightness level is 1200 nits on the 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display.
- The battery has been significantly improved, now you will have 2.5 hours more screen time than before.
DESIGN AND DISPLAY
The appearance of the Apple iPhone 13 is very similar to the design of the previous-generation iPhone 12, but the range of color options has definitely increased. As a standard premium option, you may have noticed the blue and red tone option, but there are options like Starlight, Midnight, and Pink that stand out the most.
Higher fluidity comes with the default 60Hz refresh rate, and HDR 10 is something fans have been waiting for a long time. In addition, the phone is protected from dust and moisture according to the IP68 standard. Also worth noting is the resolution and brightness of 1200 nits.
The Apple iPhone 13 is a fully capable smartphone powered by the incredible 5nm A15 Bionic chipset. This chipset is designed for performance freaks and guarantees high speed.
In addition, you will also get the latest version of iOS 15, which offers improved and convenient features and software. Apple’s interface is simple and supported throughout the ecosystem, whether it’s gaming or heavy multitasking. Everything works smoothly without problems.
Also, there’s good news that the company has finally moved from 64GB to 128GB of storage in terms of storage option. In addition, you can choose whatever you like according to your daily use needs. You have 128GB and 256GB of storage with 8GB of RAM for that, but if you’re going to be shooting the entire movie in 4K, the 512GB option is fine.
First, the camera module has reached a higher level in terms of overall image processing and quality. You will notice a significant improvement in video recording thanks to professional software and hardware such as sensor offset stabilization. With this combination, you can record video as if you were recording a movie.
Secondly, Dolby Vision HDR steals the show as you can easily change the focus of a video even after everything has been recorded. A lot of changes are happening in the native camera app, and the quality of the AI software has also improved to some extent.
In addition, night mode works great in low-light conditions, and on the other hand, ultra-wide-angle photography is enhanced by the 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera. Finally, the overall aperture of each lens is increased so that they can accurately display their vibrant colors. Now, speaking of specs, there are two 12MP (main and ultra-wide) cameras on the back and a 12MP main selfie camera on the front.
BATTERY AND OTHERS
Inside the box, you only have a Lightning USB 2.0 cable, and if you don’t have one of the iPhone 11 series phones, you’ll also need to purchase a charger.
As for other cool features, you get MagSafe support for charging your cordless phone and accurate NFC functionality.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE APPLE IPHONE 13
Below you can find the full specifications of the Apple iPhone 13 smartphone.
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G
- Presented: September 2021
- SIM card: up to two SIM cards
- Dimensions: 5.78 x 2.81 x 0.30 inches
- Weight: 174 g
- Size: 6.1 inches
- Screen: Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10, Dolby Vision
- Brightness: 800-1200 nits
- Ratio: 19.5:9
- Density: ~460 PPI
- Protection: Scratch-resistant glass-ceramic oleophobic coating
- true tone
- Apple Pay
- Dust and water resistant: IP68 (up to 6m for 30 minutes)
- Resolution: 1170 x 2532 pixels
- Operating systems: iOS 15
- Chipset: 5nm – Apple A15 Bionic
- Processor: six-core
- GPU: Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- Memory card slot: no
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Camera: 12 MP (Wide), autofocus, OIS with sensor shift, 12 MP (Ultra Wide, 120˚), Dual LED Flash, HDR, Dolby Vision HDR, stereo sound recording. Max – 4K @ 24/30/60 fps
- Selfie: 12 MP (wide-angle)
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: yes
- Infrared: No
- Radio: No
- USB 2.0
- Sensors: Face ID, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Compass, Barometer
- Battery Li-Ion 2815 mAh
- Fast charge 20W
- USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Supports 15W MagSafe wireless charging
PROS OF THE IPHONE 13
- Lots of color options.
- Super Retina XDR OLED display and HDR 10 support.
- For the first time, 1200 nit brightness.
- 4K video recording with Dolby Vision and stereo sound.
- 15W MagSafe wireless fast charging and 7.5W Qi fast wireless charging.
- Oleophobic coating and scratch-resistant ceramic glass.
- Dual SIM 5G support.
- Impressive camera quality.
- IP68 dust/water resistant.
- NFC and Apple Pay support.
CONS OF THE IPHONE 13
- The design is similar to the previous model.
- There is no charger in the box.
- No memory card support
- No 120Hz refresh rate unlike the Pro version.
The Apple iPhone 13 has flaws that, from the point of view of a tech enthusiast, cannot be overlooked, but at the same time, great features overshadow the shortcomings. This phone is a true visual delight and the screen looks beautiful with no frills. The company is also filling in gaps and improving specifications.
If you are looking for a premium phone, the Apple iPhone 13 is the most popular option you can choose from.