Once upon a time, marketers manually transferred leads from advertising accounts to Google Sheets and new applications to CRM. Developers helped the luckiest — using code, they created integrations to automate routine processes.
In 2022, marketers’ time is too valuable to spend manually collecting and transferring information. It is much more profitable to organize the work in such a way that data about customers and their orders are automatically transferred between systems and stored in a single database. With the help of no-code automation, this can be done quickly even without the help of developers.
In this article, we will explain what no-code automation is and how to use it to solve marketing problems.
No code is a way that helps you create websites, mobile applications and integrations between services quickly and without programming. So, setting up no-code automation will take 5 minutes and the daily routine tasks that a marketer does will turn into tasks that are solved automatically.
Benefits of no-code automation
✔ Saves employee time
No-code automation saves developers time – creating solutions using no-code tools is faster than writing code from scratch. As well as marketers – routine tasks take much less time, which means that specialists have more resources for effective work.
✔ Saves budget
Developer time is valuable. No-code automation helps to set up the necessary integrations without the help of development and saves man-hours and budget for other needs.
✔ Reduces errors
When marketers work with a large number of services and manually transfer data from system to system, there is a high probability of making a mistake. For example, in a phone number, information about an order, or a report on advertising campaigns. Automation helps to avoid “human” errors that lead to the loss of orders.
✔ Increases sales
Automatic transfer of data to CRM reduces the likelihood that the manager will lose the application, and also helps to respond faster to requests and transfer data to other departments.
✔ Collects data in one place
Automation helps to communicate with customers in one window and save the history of requests and orders in CRM. The more customer data you have, the easier it is to analyze their needs and make personalized offers.
What to automate first in marketing
Working with leads:
- automatically transfer new leads from advertising accounts and from the site to CRM, Google Sheets, Telegram, or any convenient channel. This will help not to lose applications and quickly process them;
- distribute leads from different channels to different managers in order to optimize the load on managers.
Working with advertising campaigns:
- automatically transfer audience segments from CRM/CDP and other services to advertising accounts. Such automation will help to more accurately set up advertising campaigns and optimize the cost of a lead;
- set up notifications about the stop of an advertising campaign or the spent budget in order to optimize campaigns in time.
Working with reports:
- set up data transfer to analytics systems or Google Sheets to save time on manually uploading reports and quickly evaluate the effectiveness of different channels.
Work by tasks:
- set up automatic notifications about new applications to quickly contact a potential client;
- remind about meetings and applications for which you need to call back;
- notify responsible employees about a change in the status of an application in CRM or a task manager.
How to set up no-code automation
1. Describe the problem
What problem will automation solve? For example, a targetologist spends half of his working time compiling reports and sending leads, while managers process leads for a long time, resulting in a drop in conversion.
2. Turn the problem into a task
What to automate to solve the problem? For example, once a day, transfer data on the costs of advertising campaigns to Google Sheets and automatically create deals in CRM.
3. Select services
For example amoCRM, Telegram, and Google Sheets.
4. Determine what data you want to transfer
For example, the date and time of the application, e-mail, phone, full name, UTM tags, and form names.
5. Set up integration between services
Not all services can be easily made friends with each other. To automatically transfer data, use the no-code service for integration.
No-code automation allows you to customize scripts for various business tasks quickly and without large investments.