Blogging has caught the attention of people worldwide as it a great way to get ideas across to larger communities and to also increase the potential of an online business. There are a number of different ways of blogging and one such method is called Guest Blogging. Irrespective of whether you are an individual or a large corporation, guest blogging will benefit you in a number of ways.
Did you know that guest blogging builds better backlinks?
I don’t understand why people don’t guest blog more. Let’s pretend for just a second that you were a celebrity and you had just finished a movie or a book. How would you promote it? You could take out ads on radio and television, or the newspapers. I guess that works, and it’s pretty expensive too. Most celebrities get out there during the month of release and heavily promote it personally themselves on every television and radio show they can. Those shows are happy to have the celebrities on because they draw in more viewers.
So you’re not a celebrity, and you can’t get on the Tonight Show to talk about your blog or website – can you? No matter who you are though, there are blogs online that have much more readers than you do, and believe it or not – they could use your help! You may not have “celebrity power”, but if you can write engaging content – you have the same thing for any blog that a TV or radio show gets out of a celebrity appearance. You have “content power”!
Are you one of those people that wish they had more traffic? Do you wish you could double or triple your RSS subscribers? Do you keep posting and commenting on blogs relentlessly but still you get lackluster increases in web traffic? If you follow our plan for guest blogging, I believe you can build the best backlinks you’ve ever had, and get the highest returns for your time spent.
What is Guest Blogging?
Guest blogging is the act of writing informative relevant content for another blog, provided that the website owner publishes the written content on their website.
It’s commonly accepted an ethical practice that site owners will accredit the content to the writer, who will usually include a short bio that is placed at the end of the guest post. Within this bio, the author is allowed to place a link back to his/her website, or several links, or even a backlink from within the content of the article if the publisher deems it relevant and adds value to the content.
Guest blogging is the best method for building or getting quality backlinks, generating traffic, gaining exposure, and building relationships.
Few Tips to Start Guest Blogging?
1. Guest blogging is one way to market your business’ website and get links back to your website.
2. Guest blogging involves you writing an article or post on someone else’s website or blog. Usually, there is no payment exchanged. Instead, in exchange for your article, you get links in the article back to your website. The links can either be in the body of the article or in an author’s bio or resource box. It’s up to the owner of the website or blog to specify.
3. Guest blogging is beneficial to both the blog/website owner and the guest blogger. The blog or website owner gets new content for free. The guest blogger gets links back to his website or blog.
4. Once you have found some blogs, be sure to visit those sites and take note of what article topics they have covered recently. You don’t want to offer them an article that’s similar to what they currently have posted.
5. Contact the blog owner and offer a new article. It’s also acceptable to introduce yourself to the blog owner and ask if they have any specific article topic they would like on their website.
6. Get details. Make sure before you submit the article that you know the word limit, how many links you can include and where they need to be. That is, ask whether the links need to be in the body of the article or in the author’s resource box Also, make sure you know what format the article should be in.
7. Write and submit a quality article. Be sure to edit and proofread the article before submitting it to the blog owner.
Benefits of Guest Blogging?
Guest Blogging creates a mutually beneficial and symbiotic relationship as the blog owner benefits by getting free content and the site’s audience is treated to diversity in content and in writing style while the author’s needs of backlinks are attained.
Here are some of the benefits of guest blogging.
Gain Quality Traffic: By posting content to well-known blogs (guest blogging) in your niche, you’ll have the opportunity to reach your target audience as most blogs have their own established subscribers who, via email or their RSS reader, receive all posts made on a blog, including yours. You can also have the chance to quickly increase the size of your audience.
Free Advertising: Guest blogging provides free advertising for your blog as many website owners promote guest posts to their network in order to increase traffic.
Gain Subscribers: As most blogs have their own established subscribers who via email or their RSS reader receive all posts made on a blog, including yours, you will then have the opportunity to make these subscribers to your site.
Increased exposure: Through guest blogging, you will be open to a new audience. By posting guest articles several times on a particular relevant blog, this will increase your chances of readers clicking on your link. New blog visitors or readers may become your loyal subscribers.
Build Backlinks: As authors, you will be allowed to place a backlink to your site at the end of your guest post, so in this way, you can build your backlinks. This, in turn, will increase your rankings with search engines especially if you get a backlink from relevant, quality websites.
Networking Opportunities: Make sure that the articles you posted on another site are fresh, relevant, and of high-quality. By doing this, the blog owner may ask you to write guest posts for other websites he or she owns. Moreover, if you provide great posts, you’ll build relationships in the blogging world which are very advantageous for your site.
Guest blogging is a great way to get links back to your website while also promoting yourself as an expert in your field. Make it part of your content marketing plan.
Guest blogging gets extra traffic to your website. This is not just any traffic, but rather, is quality traffic. This makes your website’s potential go up to a great extent and gets you more income in the long run. In fact, most good websites that are renowned come up this way.