The hospitality industry is offering a plethora of career opportunities to the aspirants in India. It is the second largest employer in the country offering amazing opportunities to the unskilled workers and professionals. If you love to serve the people and have excellent customer handling skills, then you should choose hotel management as a career. The growing demand for hospitality professionals across the globe has increased the demand for hotel management courses in India among the aspirants.
Hotel management courses
There are many reputed organizations, hotels, universities, and colleges in the country offering a wide range of degree, diploma and certificate courses in hotel management. These institutions offer ample scope to pursue a successful career in the hospitality field. An individual who wishes to get enrolled in hotel management courses need not be highly qualified. The minimum qualification to apply for the courses is 10+2 passed from a recognized board or university.
Eligibility criteria for hotel management courses
If you wish to make a career in the hospitality industry, there are certain criteria to be filled for the following courses:
1. Short-term courses: These are also referred to as the certification courses and the duration of these courses is 6 months to 1 year. Students can even pursue such courses after completion of their 10th class.
2. Diploma courses: This course is a bit in detail as compared to the short-term courses. A candidate must have passed his 10+2 class from a recognized board or university with a minimum of 40% marks to apply for these courses.
3. Degree course: The top institutes in India offer degree programs which provide the students a detailed study about the sector. These are one of the best hotel management courses in India that require a minimum of 50% marks in 12th class with English as a compulsory subject. The course duration is 3 to 4 years depending on the course curriculum.
4. Post-graduate courses: Apart from associate level, an aspirant who has completed his graduation can go for the postgraduate management training programs. This is an education program for the future managers of the hospitality sector. The course duration is 2 years.
5. Doctoral degree programs: These programs are designed for those who wish to make a career in academia. These courses focus on the research and leadership skills of the students.
There are so many alternatives to choose hotel management courses in India for a successful career. While choosing a course, one must go through the course curriculum to confirm if it covers all subjects of your interest and provides summer internship for industrial experience. After deciding which course you want to do, you can easily choose an institute.